This is my list of all-time FAVORITE baby must-have products. When I say you need must-haves, I mean these are absolutely life changing items. I don’t know what I would have done without them!
- Dockatot* The Dockatot is one of my “splurge” items. In fact, I didn’t buy it at first because I wasn’t sure if I could justify the price. However, when we ended up co-sleeping with our first-born, I ended up splurging on this item. I wish I had bought it sooner! The Dockatot is breathable and washes well. Yes, your little will love it. It can be used as on the bed, on the ground, at the beach.. bring it anywhere! If you can’t justify the price you can often find some for auction on eBay and get it at a deal! (Who doesn’t love a deal?) They also hold their value really well, so if you don’t end up loving it (or your little doesn’t end up loving it) you can always resell it for a good price. We love the Dockatot so much that when our first one was lost on a trip we had to repurchase it! Considering how expensive these are you know we love them! Get yours! *
- Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets* I have to admit. I didn’t LOVE these off the bat. They weren’t as soft as everyone claimed after the first wash, and they were so big it seemed as if my newborn was drowning in them. However, several washes and several pounds later these became my go-to blanket. They do get softer every wash. These swaddles are super versatile (think car seat cover, nursing cover, floor play mat, swaddled blanket, burp cloth) and the large size quickly became a positive since my little loved being swaddled. They also have an organic option, which is always a plus for me. Now I give them as gifts to all my new mom friends.
- Cake Lingerie Flexible Wire Nursing Bra* I had the struggle of a lifetime finding a nursing bra that was: comfortable, durable, cute, functional and FIT ME. As a woman with a larger chest and smaller waist, it was such a struggle to find a nursing bra that fit. In comes the Cake Lingerie Nursing Bra. It is one of the BEST bras I have ever owned, both nursing and non-nursing. This bra has never given me a uni-boob, and it gave me a wonderful lift which is impossible to find. Cake Lingerie also has a wonderful range of sizes, so finding my size was easy. I highly recommend these to anyone in the nursing bra search.
- Kindred Bravely French Terry Bra.* is the other bra that I highly recommend. I had the same problem with nursing bras for sleep as I did for daytime nursing bras. Then I found Kindred Bravely. Not only do these bras also fit the criteria of being comfortable, durable, cute, and functional; they also have a wide variety of sizes including a “Busty” option. Just be sure to check their size chart when ordering, as the size differ slightly than “normal bras”. Some bonuses with Kindred Bravely are their organic options and the knowledge that you are supporting a mompreneur (who hires other moms)!
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple Butter* Speaking of nursing, if you are looking for an AMAZING nipple butter this is it. It is LIFE CHANGING. Every mom I know who has used it loves it and recommends it. It is organic and all the ingredients are technically ingestible, so you can feel comfortable with your baby possibly ingesting some of it.
- Pognae 5 Baby Carrier* Which carrier is the BEST baby carrier? Pognae 5, Hands Down. Believe me. I tried them all the Ergo, the Bjorn, etc…. nothing holds up to this heavenly contraption. This carrier carries your infant in multiple ways using the built-in hip seat (Which you can detach and use on its own without the shoulder straps). The hip seat provides a place for your baby to sit on and distributes your infant’s weight more evenly. Not only that, but I believe this carrier is way more comfortable for your baby than other more traditional carriers. My Little sits in this carrier for hours and is as happy as can be. This carrier is also organic and comes with organic bamboo teething shoulder strap pads so you can rest assured that your baby will be safe when trying to chew away at the straps.
- Honest Diapers* If you’re looking for a slightly more environmentally friendly option to diaper than traditional disposable diapers without the plunge of cloth diapers, I think Honest Diapers are the way to go. They also seem to be more gentle than traditional diapers and made with a few more natural ingredients. They come in all sorts of fun patterns, and they can be delivered straight to your doorstep with a subscription. Who doesn’t need more convenience? If you’re interested in giving the subscription service a try you can do so here through my referral link.
- Stokke High Chair* This high chair/seat. I love products that are versatile, and I can’t say enough good things about this! Easy to assemble. Sturdy wood construction. Easy to clean. Customizable. Comfortable. This seat is wonderful. It is another “splurge” item, but you can also often find this MUCH cheaper on eBay or Craigslist. I was actually able to score my Stokke on eBay for $150 (Much cheaper than the $300). I also know a few people who have found it for as low as $10 on Craigslist. Just be sure to know what model you are buying as the older models need gliders (which you can ask Stokke for) and are not always compatible with the latest accessories.
- European Formula* If you have problems nursing, or can not nurse and need to use Formula. I have found European Formulas such as Hipp or Holle to be what I deem “healthier” option to American formulas. They don’t have all the traditional add-ins that American formulas have. I found that European formulas are organic, and they have stricter quality and product standards. Find them on Amazon, or I have found them cheaper at other places online. If you are interested in trying you can use my referral link here or find them here. If you want to know more about why you should try European formulas over anything else you can find more information here and here and my favorite reasons here.
- Camera* If it is with your iPhone, or with a disposable, or with a digital camera, I think a camera is a must-have with an infant. They grow so quick and do so many amazing things each and every day. Make it a point to capture some of those special moments. At the end of the day, those memories you made are what matter.
Products that are versatile, quality, and organic products that I can use in multiple ways are the products I tend to opt for. I try to find the spendier items for resale (think eBay, Facebook BST/ Marketplace, Craigslist), or for a bargain. I like to spend money on a few products I love, are super functional, and can feel good about. What do you look for when purchasing baby products? What are some of your must-haves? Leave a comment below.
Can’t wait to hear from you,
Links marked with an * are affiliate links which means I receive a small commission through purchases. (This does not cost you any extra.)